ACC is committed to working to ensure that all people in our community feel respected, valued and connected.
Our values determine how we demonstrate this commitment. These values are:
- Everyone in our community is important and we value and respect their opinions
- We encourage and promote inclusiveness across our community
- We value and respect difference and diversity
- We welcome people of all abilities and ages, from all cultures and language groups
- We promote tolerance and acceptance of all people
- All people are equal and have the right to be heard and understood
- We change and grow as our community changes and grows
- We endeavour to build partnerships with the most isolated and vulnerable people in our community.
The ACC Committee of Governance (COG) has the responsibility of ensuring that all staff, volunteers and students adhere to these values as well as the responsibility to report any acts of violence, discrimination and/or vilification, which are illegal acts in Victoria.
The COG will enforce any breaches of this Code of Conduct through specific actions; namely, reprimand and/or revocation of enrolment. Reports of a breach of the Code of Conduct will require the COG to investigate that breach to establish the nature of the action required.
The following behaviours are considered breaches of the Code of Conduct:
- Discrimination against another person based on their age, gender, sexual orientation, race, culture, religion or any other irrelevant personal characteristic
- Vilification of any kind towards another person
- Sexual harassment or intimidation of another person
- Violent or abusive behaviour towards another person
- Victimisation of another person for exercising their rights through the Code of Conduct
- Actions contrary to the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and the State of Victoria.