Coordinator Required for Alphington Community Centre
– Permanent Part Time (30 hours per week)
Alphington Community Centre (ACC) is a neighbourhood house located in the heart of Alphington and offers a range of activities, support, events and services to our local community. An exciting opportunity has become available; we are looking for an innovative and creative person to advance ACC and to meet the challenges of working within an ever changing community. The successful candidate will be required to be hands on and have highly developed management and interpersonal skills within a community development framework.
Successful applicants will have:
- Capacity for collaborative leadership and coordination of staff and volunteers
- High level administrative, organizational and negotiation skills
- Command of community development principles and practices, preferably in a Neighbourhood House setting
- Ability to represent and advocate for the centre and community in a professional manner
- Capacity to work effectively with and resource a volunteer based Committee of Governance
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or experience in community development preferably in a Neighbourhood House/Community Centre
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills with proficiency in Word, email and the internet as a minimum
Download the Position Description ACC Coordinator PD 2017 or call 9499-7227
Or for further information, please contact Becca Smith 9499-7227
Applications close end of business 5pm Friday 10 March.
Successful applicants will be notified for interview.